Loudoun Commercial Title, L.L.C. recognizes that our customers expect that personal information we obtain from our customers is provided with an expectation of privacy. Loudoun Commercial Title also recognizes its obligation to protect the privacy of such information under federal and state laws. We therefore want to inform present and potential customers on our use of non-public personal information that we may receive.
Loudoun Commercial Title collects nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you, such as your name, address, telephone number, or social security number.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. We receive this information from your lender, attorney, real estate broker, etc.
- Information from public records.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide the products or services requested by you or your lender. Loudoun Commercial Title may disclose personal information with our working partners so that we may best serve our customers. Such partners include:
- Insurance companies or agents with whom we have been licensed.
- Third-party contractors such as title researchers or abstractors.
Nonpublic personal information (information identifiable to an individual and not available in the public records) may be shared with nonaffiliated persons and companies for the following purposes:
- As necessary to effect, administer, and enforce the transaction requested by the consumer.
- To prevent actual fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability
- For institutional risk control.
- To resolve claims, consumer disputes, and inquiries.
- As required by courts and other government agencies.